Freebies: Colorful Shapes Matching File Folder Printable Game (Free PDF Download)
Another entry into my collection of personally-made file folder games that I think are prettier than the ones that are currently available. I think now you might be understanding why I’m making everything available — I’ve made way too many to keep these to myself!
- Printer & regular 8.5″x11″ paper
- Manila file folder
- Small ziplock bag
- Lamination sheets/laminator (optional)
- Cardstock (optional — if not laminating) for top matching shapes
- Velcro mini fasteners (optional) [Amazon link]
- Glue/doubesided tape
- Print out the 4 sheets from the PDF2 — the b/w ones are your base sheets and the colored ones are the ones that will be cut out — if using cardstock, make the colored ones cardstock.
- Laminate all the things! (skip this step if using cardstock)
- Glue or use double-sided tape to affix the b/w sheets to the inside of the manila folder.
- Cut out colored shapes
- Glue or use double sided tape to affix the ziplock bag to the front of the manila folder to hold the shape pieces
- Attach velcro dots to the back of the cutouts and the center of the circles on the sheet. This will allow the tokens to stay in place while you’re matching the rest of the shapes (otherwise the game still works, but when the sheet is moved everything will fall out of place.
- You can choose to laminate or not laminate the sheets — I laminate them because I feel like it makes the games more sturdy.
- If you have a silhouette you can download Silhouette file for tokens and have the silhouette cut out the circles for you.
- If you would like to practice both uppercase and lowercase, you could also make 2 sets of tokens and keep them in separate ziplock baggies for the same game.