Freebie: Cute Toddler/Pre-k Number Matching File Folder Game [Printable PDF]
This is basically a repeat of the Alphabet Matching game that I posted earlier, but the number version. It’s a basic matching game, where you just match the number tokens to the number circles.
- Printer & regular 8.5″x11″ paper
- Manila file folder
- Small ziplock bag
- Lamination sheets/laminator (optional)
- Cardstock for the tokens [download Silhouette file for tokens here]
- Alphabet stickers (optional)
- Velcro mini fasteners (optional) [Amazon link]
- Glue/doubesided tape
- Print out the two sheets from the PDF2.
- Glue or use double-sided tape to affix the sheets to the inside of the manila folder.
- Glue or use double sided tape to affix the ziplock bag to the front of the manila folder to hold the tokens
- Make 26 1 inch tokens circles from the cardstock or use a circle punch to make the circles3.
- Apply each of the alphabet letters to the tokens (or if you don’t have stickers, you can just write the letters with a marker — which is what I did for my numbers match game)4.
- Attach velcro dots to the back of the tokens and the center of the circles on the sheet. This will allow the tokens to stay in place while you’re matching the rest of the letters (otherwise the game still works, but when the sheet is moved everything will fall out of place.
- You can choose to laminate or not laminate the sheets — I laminate them because I feel like it makes the games more sturdy.
- If you have a silhouette you can download Silhouette file for tokens and have the silhouette cut out the circles for you.
- If you would like to practice both uppercase and lowercase, you could also make 2 sets of tokens and keep them in separate ziplock baggies for the same game.